RCA puts the research leader and the researcher at the centre of research strengthening. RCA provides coaching support for individual researchers and institution-wide solutions. The RCA Coaching Framework is represented as four pillars on a foundation of resources from the researcher’s specific institutional setting.
RCA provides public commentary to assist the research community and higher education sector to strengthen research.
RCA collaborates with other researchers to undertake academic research projects and publishes these in appropriate scholarly journals.
Collaborative Projects & Consultancies
RCA undertakes projects in collaboration with universities and research institutions to identify medium and longer term trends in institutional research and recommends strengthening actions.
RCA supports major research career transition points
RCA focuses on supporting researchers through major career transitions, including:
- Towards a Post Doctorate – stepping out from your PhD PhD candidates who are preparing to compete for post doctoral roles
- A foot on the ladder – PhD to work transitions Securing an academic position and starting an academic career
- Becoming a Scholar – towards scholarship A new academic staff member seeking to become a well rounded scholar
- Establishing research credentials – stepping up Mid career researchers focused on meeting research targets for the discipline and institution
- A Research Leader – towards leadership Researchers who are moving into or out of leadership roles, including Deans, Heads and Associate Deans Research
RCA strengthens research through strategy review, coaching and tailored interventions
There are a range of things that RCA can do for institutions including:
Coaching for early career researchers, mid-career researchers and research leaders including heads
Create and provide institutional coaching panels
Develop and conduct workshops on a range of research related topics such as “Getting Published” or “Creating a Strong Research Environment”
Strength a Board Subject Field
Strengthening an agreed Broad Subject Field for a range of purposes including research income, ERA, and international rankings
Coaching whole Research Groups
Tailored coaching programs for whole research groups in particular areas of research strength or weakness so that the impact of the coaching is maximized
Merit based coaching awards
Provide coaching for a merit based coaching support award for researchers
Tailored coaching or interventions
Development of a proposal directed towards meeting an institution’s identified needs.